Results of resource-efficient initiatives competition among enterprises and scientists of the Dnipropetrovsk region «Green impulse. GreenChamberAward»
The Dnipropetrovsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council with support of the German Government initiated a competition of resource-efficient initiatives among enterprises and scientists of the Dnipropetrovsk region «Green impulse. Green Chamber Award». In consortium with the Dnipropetrovsk investment agency, the Council of rectors of higher educational institutions of the Dnipropetrovsk region, the Federation of organizations of employers in the Dnipropetrovsk region on November 15, 2016 it was announced the start of the event under the motto: «Efficiency, aimed at business development with concern for the environment».
35 enterprises and scientists of the region, which develop and implement projects and initiatives, aimed at efficient use of resources, applied for participation in the competition. Among them were large industrial enterprises, small and medium businesses - suppliers of resource-efficient equipment or energy and resource-efficient, environmental conservation services providers, as well as scientists. 26 applications were allowed for participation in accordance with the tender criteria.
For the Competition Commission, which consisted of well-known specialized experts, scholars, entrepreneurs and leaders of business associations, management of the Dnepropetrovsk investment agency was difficult to choose the winners among so many competing initiatives. During the month, after several stages of careful consideration of applications, six winners of the contest were selected:
1) The Dnipro Metallurgical Plant named after Dzerzhinsky, PJSC was recognized as a winner in the category - «The best industrial enterprise project» with its project - «Construction of the complex for preparation and pulverized coal injection, to replace imported natural gas to pulverized coal». Director - Vyacheslav Mospan;
2) The State Enterprise «Scientific-Production Association «Pavlohrad Chemical Plant» was recognized as a winner for the nomination - «The best social project of an industrial enterprise» with its project - «Reconstruction of the «Youth» sport complex with construction of a swimming pool». Director - Leonid Shyman;
3) The following projects won in the category «The best project of a small and medium enterprise»:
- the third place was awarded to a company AhroEnerhoPlus Ltd. with its project - «Substantiation of bio herbicidal energy crops growth technology for the purpose of recultivation of contaminated land and replacement of natural gas to biofuels». Director - Dmitry Demin.
- the second place was awarded to the project «Building of a system of collection and further utilization of landfill biogas with producing electricity and heating energy at a cogeneration power plant with capacity 0,72-0,8 MW, processing straw into disposable eco package and eco ware at a landfill near Podgorodnoye city». The project was offered by a company «InEkoTeh Ukraine» Director - Vladimyr Gavrilov;
- the first place was taken by an engineering company «WTC Komplekt» with its project «SaveHouse Ukraine – Energy-efficient house». Director - Vadim Ryzhov.
4) In the category «The best project of a scientific institution» a winner was the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine with its project «Production and use of innovative carbon-based materials based on biomass and industrial waste of metal production to reduce cost for non-renewable energy sources and for the use in energy capacitive metal technologies». Vice-principal - Yuriy Proydak.
The winners were awarded by the deputy head of the Dnipropetrovsk regional council Vladimir Tyurin and the President of the Dnipropetrovsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry Vitaliy Zhmurenko during the final conference of the project of the Dnipropetrovsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry «Green Chamber. Initiative for sustainable development », implementation of which became possible by support of the Programme to support the green modernisation of the Ukrainian economy, which performed by the German Society for International Cooperation GIZ GmbH on behalf of the German Government.